Often treatment of long-term (chronic) conditions, where the main aim is to keep the symptoms under control aren’t covered. Unfortunately, this would make policies unaffordable. Also, an employee’s pre-existing conditions when you take out a plan won’t be covered too.
There are also a few standard treatments and conditions that aren’t covered:
• Any regular monitoring or treatment of long- term (chronic) conditions, like diabetes or allergies
• Treatment outside the UK
• Cosmetic treatment
• Emergency treatment or NHS GP visits
• Pregnancy, childbirth and most related conditions
• Experimental, unproven or unregistered treatments or practices
• Organ transplants
• Learning difficulties, delayed speech disorders and other developmental problems
Please always ensure employees check welcome pack or our terms and conditions for the exact exclusions to a particular policy.